P.S. 35X, Franz Siegel
P.S. 35X is a place of teaching excellence, where your children can feel at home while learning the skills that will help them thrive after their school years are over. As a parent, what more can you ask for?
The classroom environment at P.S. 35X allows your childs’ educators to give them the time and attention that they need in order to succeed. We differentiate our instruction so all students have what they need to learn.
With a focus on close reading and the five practices in math, we challenge students to make meaning of their learning and to think in depth about the content.
Life Long Learning
We believe in equipping your children with the skills to be able to learn for the rest of their lives! By instilling in them a method of analytical thinking, we believe they will be able to be independent thinkers and be high performers in their chosen careers.
While schools are closed, instruction and learning is taking place for all students. Remote Learning began March 23, 2020. It is important that your child logs in everyday to continue his/her learning. Be sure to sign up your child. Use the Instructions for Remote Learning below. If you need assistance, use the Get in Touch button above.
Instructions for Remote Learning
You will need your child’s OSIS number to log in.
- Go to https://idm.nycenet.edu/students/start.form to get your child’s username and to create a password. Write down the username and password.
- Your DOE Student ID is your child’s username followed by @nycstudents.net (example: if your username is JanD, your students account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net).
- Go to Google Classroom at https://accounts.google.com/
- Enter the DOE student ID.
- Click next.
- Enter your password.
- Click Next.
- Then, click on the grid of 9 dots and click on the Classroom icon.
- Have your child begin his or her work on Monday, March 23.
Remote Learning Device Request
To help students stay connected during emergencies, the DOE is lending internet-enabled iPads to support remote learning for students. If you would like to request a device for a NYC student in your family, please fill out the form below. The DOE will use the contact information you provide to get in touch with you to discuss when and where you can pick up a device. Priority will be given to students most in need, and all devices are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned. There is a limit of one device per student.
Free Meals Program
The New York City Department of Education is committed to making three free meals available daily for all NYC children.
- Beginning March 23, meals will be distributed at Grant Avenue Elementary School.
- Three meals a day, including breakfast, will be available to all NYC children
- Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm at 250 East 164th Street, Bronx NY
How to Pick Up a Meal
- No registration, ID, or documentation required.
- All three meals a day may be picked up at the same time.
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises.
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children.
has taken a new role at P.S. 35X. Let’s welcome her as a new
We equip your children for their chosen field of study and careers with lifelong learning skills.
- NYC Public Schools are closed starting March 16, 2020
- Switch to LEARN AT HOME for all students
- School buildings are expected to remain closed for the rest of this school year.